Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is it wrong to count the minutes until my kids go to bed?

I would like to preface this with the fact that I don't feel this way all the time, just most of the time. My mornings are pretty crazy, as I'm sure many of you can relate. I am always telling the kids that it's important that they behave and listen in the mornings as we don't have time for any setbacks. This morning started off to a good start but then it came time to get in the car. We go out to the garage and I am rushing them into the car as it is 35 degrees outside! I see them getting in, I turn to pick up my bag and when I turn back around they are not in the car! I hear a little commotion, a scuffle, and I go around and see that dear daughter and dear son are wrestling and rolling around on the icy, frozen, driveway with no coats on! OMG! WTH? I then realize that dear son has taken dear daughter's backpack and is claiming it as his own, and dear daughter was trying to get it back, sigh..
so I run over trying to pry them apart and not slip as I am doing this. Just then, my next door neighbor is pulling into her driveway with this look on her face that can best be described as confusion/concern combined. So, now I am embarrased as well! I know it was freezing, but I think by the time I got everyone settled and took off that I was sweating. How long until Springtime?

4 comments:

seriously? said...

I soooo feel your pain. What is about the mornings that just never seem to go as planned. I swear getting shoes on in this house is like trying to compete in a mexican wrestling tournament. Someone is usually crying and 9 times out of 10 it is me!!!

Tulip Row said...

That is too much for the morning! Oh, what is coming my way.....

3 Bay B Chicks said...

In answer to the question posed in your post title, I say, ABSOLUTELY NOT. If it is, I am a horrific offender. I am like a continual stopwatch, counting down the hours and minutes until the next nap or bedtime. I fear it may be shortening my lifespan. :)

Happy New Year, friend,
-Francesca

Unknown said...

شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركات رش المبيدات الحشرية بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات جدة
شركات نظافه فى جدة
شركة تسليك مجارى
شركة رش مبيد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياض