Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My review of New Moon, if anyone cares...


Hi everyone! So sorry I haven't been around, I hope someone is still reading out there, hello? hello?


OK, so I recently watched New Moon on DVD with some gal pals. This was my second viewing of this movie so I feel I have a solid understanding of this nonmasterpiece. First and foremost, the acting was, hmm, how should I say this? HORRIBLE! I loved all of the Twilight books and the acting did not do any of it justice.
"Bella" is a mumbler and she did not sell devastation very well. The scene, THE scene where Edward leaves her is supposed to be the worst thing ever. She basically walks around like Rainman mumbing his name a few times, trips over a log and falls on her face, and scene! Yup, that was it. Jeez, I show more emotion when I kill a spider.
"Edward" mostly stands around looking like he has a stomach ache and it looks like the director tells him before every scene: "Edward stands awkwardly in the background. Ok, let's roll!"

"Jacob"...hmmm Jacob is hot....oh wait, ok the movie....his acting actually was not bad. The funny thing about him is that he did not have a shirt on the ENTIRE movie and no one asks why? If I were in the movie I don't think I would be able to concentrate on my lines with him standing around like that, the fact that I am old enought to be his mother is irrelevant. I guess it's a good thing no one asked me to be in it.
Speaking of, I told a friend of mine that maybe I could have a part in Breaking Dawn? I could play a character that phases into a cougar and goes after the wolves....but I digress.

So, does this mean I am not going to watch Eclipse? No way! I plan to be at the theater with my popcorn and some friends and we will say we are there with our teenage daughters who ditched us.




5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I saw Eclipse with a lot of friends, in a very crowded theater. We could not stop laughing at not funny scenes. It's so bad! People didn't love us.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am here! But I haven't seen it...!

sAm said...

I have to agree - the acting sucked (love your description of Edward with a stomach ache!), and it was so incredibly cheesy I just couldn't stop watching. I think if it had been a "better" movie I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much! (a cougar morphing...hehe!)

Anonymous said...

lol! yeah I agree with the acting, I've never liked the Edward actor that they picked for the movie. I think that Edward is just so much more handsome, and breathtaking.(The way he's described in the book) A lot of people don't agree with this BTW!

peewee said...

I hated the book, but kinda have to admit I liked the movie. But ONLY because of Taylor Lautner. I hate how he doesn't get Bella in the end. I hope in eclipse he gets a girlfriend. I hated new Moon the book so much I didn't finish the series. Even though I own them all. But I will watch all the movies, esp if taylor is in them. And/or Zac Efron somehow.