Monday, February 9, 2009

My little mama's boy! Or, I now understand my Mother-in -law, may she rest in peace

I have been really noticing how much my dear 2 yr old son is in love with me. I have actually noticed this since the moment he was born. He was not happy about coming out, I don't think he was ready, but I was the only one who could soothe him!
If I am getting ready to go anywhere (usually when I am putting make-up on, doing my hair, etc) he starts telling me, "Don't go, mama!"
Then he tries to cling on to me like a koala bear. Today, I was not going anywhere and he still was on me like white on rice!
Him: Hold me! Hold me! Reaching for me with a sense of urgency. So I pick him up and he puts his head on my shoulder. Me: So this is what we are doing today?
Him: Yeah. Then squints his eyes for full effect.
He is a needy dude! My saying about him is that when Dear son ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! He is always telling me he loves me, he misses me, etc. and I think, "this will end someday..." One day he will, statistically speaking, be a moody, teenage boy who won't want anything to do with me for a while! I can see it now:
Me: How was school today?
Him: Fine.
Me: Anything exciting happen today?
Him: No. (Then goes off to his bedroom).
So, I just try to enjoy his constant need to be with me, near me, held by me. I know it is fleeting!
Someday I will be replaced, just hope I am ready when that time comes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of my three boys Andre and Nicky cling like that to me, but Eric Loves his daddy, so sometimes I wonder too. Will this ever change, or will Eric ever become a Mama's boy too? My dad was always a Mama's boy till the end, I saw it, it never ended.

Debbie said...

I'm not sure we are ever ready! But it is good to try.

forever folding laundry said...

Colin is definitely my mama's boy. I'm pretty sure he'll be the one taking care of me in my old age!