Sunday, February 1, 2009

Not-Me-Monday!

I am so happy MckMama has created this idea! I love reading others' posts on this subject. Helps me feel like I have some company! My life is more like Not-Me-Mon thru Fri! Here is my list of denials:

I did not give both my kids a little bowl of M & M's before breakfast so that I could buy some time to get on my blog.

I did not ask dear hubby where I put the 'receipt' for dear daughter when she was really misbehaving. Only a mean parent would do that!

I definitely did not ignore dear hubby while I was on the computer, and when he said, "Are you even listening to me?" I did not lie and say, "yes, I can do two things at once, you know!"

I did not blow off any of my friend's phone calls this week because I was on a, uh, social networking site, too long and ran out of time and then justified it with thinking, "If they really wanted to talk to me, they would get an account at said social networking site..." This is definitely not a problem!

I did not fantasize for the thousandth time that there was a nice little "Sleep Spray" that I could gently mist onto each of my kids each night that ensures a restful, undisturbed, 8 hour minimum of slumber...no way, that's weird.

I was not in the least embarrassed by yelling, "GET IN THE CAR!" to my kids for the third time this morning. Only a parent who was insecure about what her neighbors think would care about that!

I didn't and would never, secretly skip a few pages in a book I am reading to my kids to shorten it because I can barely keep my eyes open and the story is so long, and boring... That is what not to do with your kids! Plus, I NEVER find children's books boring or tedious, or extremely repetitive in any way.

Last, I never said to myself, "I need a glass of wine.." like three times this week. Not me! That would imply that I use alcohol to help me cope with my life, and that is just not me! :)
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

7 comments:

Leah said...

Boy can I relate to some of your Not Me's. I'm always telling myself I need a glass of wine, but I haven't had one in years.

seriously? said...

YEA!!! You made it to Not Me Monday!!! Love your post. I most certainly did NOT see on on said social networking site for hours...that would me I was on there too!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Are you telling me that drinking and M&Ms are not appropriate parenting methods? Hmmm...I might have to re-evaluate a few things in my life, because I am pretty sure that I could not survive without either!

-Francesca

peewee said...

listen you MOMS! Drinking and M&M's are for us single childless people too!

peewee said...

oh, and I totally didn't write that comment.

Anonymous said...

Yeah as I'm reading your blog I am wearing a towel in my head because my hair's still wet, I have not done one thing to the house and I'm expecting a bunk bed delivery for my big boys from noon to 2pm. It;s 12:11. Oh and Nicky's in his play area staring at me to get him!!Yeah I think that's bad, I am addicted!

Tulip Row said...

You & your story shortening!! I will commiserate with your kids when they are older!