Friday, April 17, 2009

The $28.00 Slice Of Watermelon & More...

So I am back from Disneyland and I have compiled a list of things that I like and things that I don't, about the Magic Kingdom:

Things that I like:

It's fun!

Everyone is friendly.

The rides are great.

The food is not bad.

There is no riff raff.

The kids are entertained the whole time.

The parade is neat.

The firework show is awesome!

Great family bonding time.

Perfect weather.

Fast Pass, Switch Pass, and a stroller, all necessities!

Things that I don't like:

A bottle of water is three dollars.

We ate at a breakfast buffet where certain Characters harassed us the whole time we were trying to eat.

We paid TWENTY EIGHT DOLLARS for dear son to eat a slice of watermelon at said buffet. Yes! They charged us that much for a two year old to eat breakfast and that is all he ate! To even things out a little, I put a banana in our bag for later, that'll show 'em!

I waited in line an hour and a half so that dear daughter could talk to Belle from Beauty and the Beast for one minute.

Even though we had a stroller, dear son insisted on being held the entire day on our last day there. Our backs will never be the same!

Does a kids size small T-shirt made in Malaysia really need to cost $24.00?

Our $300 a night room had no free continental breakfast, no entertainment for the kids, except an arcade, and housekeeping only changed the sheets and left the rest of the room a mess. Is this too much to ask for a little extra's thrown in at this price?

The seven and a half hour drive sitting between two bored kids at the seventh hour with a surround sound noise level that had me uttering the mantra, "Serenity now! Serenity now!"

So there you have it, our trip in a nutshell! It's good to be back.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for your post! I'm glad you guys had a good time and I agree everything is so expensive! When we went to Disney World they lost our luggage so we didn't have clothes for half a day, but at least they gave us 100$ each for clothes and they paid a one day park hopper for the parks! Then we got our luggage and we were so glad that they lost it because it saved us a lot of money! The buffet price is so ridiculous, oh and the characters harrasing? I wish that was the case with us they were all so VIP that we had to get in huge lines just to see them!All in all we are probably going to Disneyland in the summer so we'll see how that goes:)

Kristina P. said...

I have to say, that I love Disneyland, and I haven't been in so long!

But man, they practically ask for your first born!

Glad you had a good time!

seriously? said...

I would happily give up my first born for a trip to Disneyland...oh wait...was that not an option?? You gotta love Disneyland. Where you pay way too much for family bonding time.

My favorite Disney moment with my kids was where I waited for 2 hours for the Nemo ride and my youngest didn't want to go inside the submarine??? Where did she think this ride went? Let me tell you, it is one long ride with a screaming three year old.

Hit 40 said...

We were at disney and orlando studios over christmas. I liked orlando studios better. Disney seems to be showing its age. And for the price... the food should be better.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

It's just as expensive here in Florida - but you can cut corners if you want. Take your own water - refill at the water fountains, buy the park meal plans (for the big folks, little ones can eat off your plate), buy the t-shirts away from the parks . . . those little things add up FAST!

It's so hard to explain 'budget' to kids - - so just stay out of the stores!

Even with going a little in debt though, it IS totally worth it!

Grannie

Peaches said...

It sounds like you had fun in spite of it all! We are struggling with whether or not to take the kids to "DL" again this summer. Husband "yes." Me "heck no."

Let's see who wins this battle.

Tulip Row said...

I think I will skip the 24.00 buffet! That would tick me off! Also, I think I may have to stick to one day Disney affairs! Sounds like fun though!

Mainly a midwife said...

We've never been...I know we need to make the trip sometime soon.
That's a totally ridiculous price to charge for a child at a buffet. Kids should be free!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I agree with you on the prices. When we went in December, our family ate at the place where the Pooh Characters came out, and I think Asher drank some milk and Elijah ate one chicken strip.
The bill for 9 people? Almost $500
Luckily, my brother in law ate a TOn of shrimp and clams to help the cost. and yes, I stuck a cookie in my purse. Rebels, aren't we?
Glad you had fun!

forever folding laundry said...

You didn't like the buffet? I love the harassment! =)

Glad you guys had fun. I think a Disney cruise would be fun too....

3 Bay B Chicks said...

You're back! Does this mean that you, me, and Seriously? are finally getting together for our long-awaited date night.

All of this build-up is beginning to make me nervous! :)

-Francesca

rychelle said...

hi!

i stopped by from peewee's blog.

disneyland is one of my most favorite places on earth. it might be because i've never been to that breakfast buffet.