Monday, April 27, 2009

I wanna get off the ride!

Phew! Does everyone else feel they are overscheduled and overbooked with things? I feel like our weekends are packed to the maximum and when Monday rolls around I think, now I can relax!
And by relax I mean:
Get up, get ready for work, get the kids ready for school/babysitter, drop everyone off, get to work, be productive, go pick up the kids, get home, do homework, make dinner, referee fights, play games, take baths, get stuff ready for the next day, etc.
Of course this did not even include making doctor/dentist/Optometrist appointments, run errands, house work, and a kazillion other things I probably forgot!
I just feel like we are on this fast moving roller coaster and sometimes I wanna yell, "Stop! I want to get off now!" My kids are not even old enough to be in organized sports where I hear this takes up A LOT of time. So this lead me to think of my own childhood. My parents had three of us and I know we did things, but was it like this??? I don't remember having so many things to do, but I'm sure my mom would disagree! Anyways, I just needed to vent for a minute, thanks for hearing me out!

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I feel like I need at least one day every 2 weeks to absolutely nothing. No obligations, no where to be, etc.

forever folding laundry said...

I was craving Limonata today....

Anonymous said...

sometimes we need days to recharge and you kind of need to find the time to do it. Like on Monday's I'm usually very nonproductive because I'm so drained from work, and I use it to rest, relax. I delegate a lot too, meaning "Shae can you change his diaper? or can you give them a bath or it's your turn to wash the dishes":)

Vodka Mom said...

no-our parents DIDN'T do it. It really was a different time back then. My parents would have cocktail hour EVERY DAY and were not involved in our school crap. That's how ALL the parents were- and honestly I have to say I had a GREAT childhood!

Now, scoot over. I'm exhausted, too.

Tulip Row said...

No kidding! I am still afraid of the years to come!!!

Mami said...

You know sometimes we just over schedule our selves..we just have to sit down and say NO to birthday parties, church and just take time for us...rest and get ready for the Week!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I feel your pain, my friend. Our family life used to be like what you described. However, since the beginning of 2009, we put a moratorium on most weekend obligations. It has made a world of difference.

Give it a whirl. You won't regret it!

-Francesca

peewee said...

yah, when I was little we didn't do ANYthing. No sports, no music lessons. Weekends we were left to the back yard and our metal swing set. Sure we tried to dig a "pool" in the backyard...but whatever...it was "creative!"

ahhhh the good ole days. Just take some stuff off your weekend itinerary. in the long run...your kids will thank you for it!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yep. I have an utterly exhausting next few days coming up. I am already dreading it all. Sigh.
You can vent on us anytime!

Debbie said...

Oh yes! And late April, early May is always crazy. I think it is worse than December.