Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A plea for help from all you stylish bloggers!

Hello everyone! My birthday is coming up and I have decided that I need a new book/messenger/hobo bag to lug my work stuff around in. I need ideas for cute bag choices! I went to "Nordy's" but got overwhelmed by the choices and the prices. Any ideas from you would be greatly appreciated! This is what I need:

Something that I can look at day after day without getting tired of it. I.e. nothing too bright or loud.

A bag that is going to get abused and dirty! I throw my bag around and it goes with me everywhere at work. I am not easy on my stuff.

A bag that can hold my lunch, my purse, and my other paperwork junk.

I am looking to spend no more than $200.00

Any ideas? please help! Thanks blog sisters! (and brothers, if there are any who read this)

Am awaiting your comments, ideas starting, now!

6 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

OK..while I would never say that I AM stylish I have my eye on a cute bag called a Sherpania. I think it's going to be my next diaper bag..it's messenger style and they have all kinds of types. Here is a link to one of their messenger bags. My girlfriend has one and she uses it for EVERYTHING..yoga, kids, overnight trips, work etc..
http://sherpani.us/product.aspx?bO3FscouH=1&GQd0EjaqX=7&pmdoXJC4W=136

Dawn said...

You're not going to like my answer. Find a bag for $50 - $60 and a good charity to donate the rest to.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Can't go wrong with a black kate spade. That is what I use!

This IS The Fun Part! said...

If you want practical - take a look at LL Bean. They have some very nice briefcase looking deals that I've used forever. BUT - they are practical, roomy, lightweight, clean easily and there are lots of choices!

I also love their canvas totes. The big ones are HUGE - can be personalized - zillions of colors - washable - and you can't hurt them!

Happy searching!

Grannie

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hmmm...this is a toughie. Let me first start out by saying please do not donate any of this money to charity. Spend it on yourself. :)

Have you checked out JCrew or Banana Republic? Both have bags that would probably fall in your price range. Another option might be H&M.

Good luck and let us know what you end up buying.

-Francesca

Anonymous said...

well I found an awesome bag at a decent price at Target that i use for work. It holds everything including diapers, stethoscope and it's stlylish. I was it with my clothes. I also have my more stylish banana republic leather-hobo bag that I found on cleareance at the outlet mall, for $60. It also holds everything oh and it's black, my favorite color. the Target one is yellow:)