Thursday, January 7, 2010

Freak Magnet Friday! This one is fresh, just happened today!


I finally I have a Freak Magnet Friday story I can share with you all! Note: I have had several stories that I would like to post, but it is just too risky at this point in time. Bummer.

This is my last week off of work until Spring Break, so I have been really trying to enjoy these few remaining days. Today, as per my New Year's rez, I went for a 2.5 mile run even though it was freezing cold! Ok, I think it was 48 degrees, but that is close enough. I had dear 3 year old son with me so I of course had to bring the rickshaw, aka jogging stroller which always makes running that much more fun.

After my run we stop at the waterpark which is a neighborhood park that has a "Sprayground". This is a place that has a bunch of water squirting, dumping, splashing apparatuses for the kids to play with in the summer. My dear son asked me if he could go turn on the water for the sprayground and I told him the water doesn't come on in the Winter because it is just too darn cold. Plus, there is a sign that says the water will be turned back on in May.

Anywho...So dear son goes over and pushes the buttons that turn on the water and everything comes on, water everywhere, full force! We both just looked at the water going because neither of us thought it would actually turn on. This is when I see a maintenance guy standing by the bathrooms, staring at me. I looked at him because I thought he was going to say something about us turning on the water. But no, he just keeps staring until the moment becomes awkward, so I say: "Oh, I thought the water was shut off in the Winter."
Him: It is supposed to be off (heavy accent, it is apparent that English is not his first language).
Me: Yeah, I thought the city kept it off to conserve water, maybe we should tell someone?
Him: Yes, it is supposed to be off, I don't know why it is on.

At this point he walks over to stand next to me and watches the water spraying.

Him: (Serious tone) Do you want to take a shower? You could take a shower, you don't need soap.
Me: No....
Him: Yes, you should take a shower, go (gestures toward spraying water).
Him to my son: Hey, little Mister, do you want to take a shower? Go on, go in the water...
Then he actually tries to guide my son into the spraying water! I was like, WTF? So then I tell my son that it is time to leave the park and I go to get him into the rickshaw/jog stroller and this guy follows me! I looked at him confused. He stands right by me as I get son situated and at this point I am starting to have thoughts like, "Please don't kill me" and such. I get out of there as fast as I can and when I finally get to the main sidewalk I look back and he is standing in the same spot I left him in! Ugh, what a weirdo.

I think my mom may have jinxed me when she told me earlier that day to watch out for weird people while I was out on my run. I laughed and said I wasn't worried about that in my neighborhood, but I will keep my eye out, thanks.

Happy Friday! Thanks for reading and be glad it wasn't you!

11 comments:

Counselormama said...

OK, I for some reason can not see this post in the editing. I am aware that you can't see the pic. It is of the cast of Parks and Rec.

Kristina P. said...

Yikes!!

peewee said...

That was more like perv-magnet friday!!! I was all terrified as I read this. I felt like I was watching the opener of a LAw and Order SVU episode! You need to STAY indoors fridays :)

forever folding laundry said...

Ca-reepy!!!

Debbie said...

Yikes! I can just imagine the look on your son's face when that water came on.

The bipolaRNurse said...

Hmmm Very just got the creeps.

Kuddos for going on the jog!

Anonymous said...

yeah I would have totally ran from there!what a creep!What is it with the Minjares sisters and their jinxing? My mom does the same thing and it always happens, like "oh he's gonna fall" or "he's gonna get sick", seriously we always tell my mom not to think negative because when she says it it happens!

Anonymous said...

yeah I would have totally ran from there!what a creep!What is it with the Minjares sisters and their jinxing? My mom does the same thing and it always happens, like "oh he's gonna fall" or "he's gonna get sick", seriously we always tell my mom not to think negative because when she says it it happens!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What? Try PERV!

Tulip Row said...

So weird!

seriously? said...

One more reason for me NOT to run. People are all crazy and apparently they are following those of us that are trying to better ourselves and get a smokin hot body!!! WTH???