Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recurring fantasies, circa 1985-1990


So my recent addiction to the Twilight series (I know, I am a little behind the times) has transported me back to my early teenage years. I actually feel like I am fourteen or fifteen when I read them! I should have had a hint when I went to the library to try to find a copy and they sent me to the "Youth section."

I started thinking about what was going on for me at those times, where my head was at, what was important to me, etc. Then I remembered the oft repeated fantasies I had going on. Nothing dirty (that I will share) thank you very much! I had a few scenarios that I would replay in my head over and over from time to time during these impressionable years. First, let me preface by saying that all these fantasies are incredibly ego-centric, but that is what made them great! Here is a sampling:

The Hospital stay-This one involves me being in some sort of accident which almost results in my death. The guy I had a crush on would hear of my experience and come rushing to my side, telling me that when he found out what happened he realized how much we were meant to be together! This event caused him great distress and he had to get to the hospital as quickly as possible to tell me his feelings in case I didn't make it. Phew!

The Funeral-This is one I had for many years, often thought of during times I had trouble sleeping and obviously before I had kids. It could get very detailed, but most of the main points stayed consistent. The scene is my funeral, there is sad music playing, my boyfriend at the time is on suicide watch. People make these great speeches about how great I was, and EVERY guy I ever dated, liked, thought about, etc. was there, distraught beyond words....Ok, as I am reading back, this is hilarious! Aaah, youth....

The Wedding- This one is so narcissistic, that the groom in this fantasy doesn't even have a face! That is because I have had this one the longest, so it was ever changing. I am at a Cathedral somewhere, and everyone I know in the world is there. I walk down the aisle in the fanciest gown ever and people just gasp as I walk down the isle, in complete awe of how awesome I look! Again, every guy I have ever had contact with is (of course invited, and..) silently weeping at their lost opportunity, poor shleps!

So, now, I want to ask you what your (clean) adolescent fantasies were? Did you share any similar to mine? Please share, unless it is too embarrassing for you :)

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

I am a Trekie, I dreamed of Spock for years. LOL.

Kristina P. said...

I can't say I ever had a funeral fantasy.

Debbie said...

Yours are so great - mine couldn't ever compare. I never had the funeral one. I did daydream of moving and being suddenly popular. Poor, pitiful me:)

Kris said...

I always dream I'm a counselor at summer camp. Like in the movies. Sometimes its a summer-lovin type of dream and sometimes its a crazy-killer-stalking-campers-in-the-woods dream. I prefer the former.

seriously? said...

I don't remember having any specific fantasy except that I knew that there would be a lot of crying by all the guys that left me when they realized how lucky they were to have me...even if only for a few moments in time.

I recall seeing Grease though and thinking that I could totally be Sandy and all the guys would drool over me when I dressed all slutty...

Anonymous said...

lol!Those where good ones, did you ever watch any novelas? It reminds me because the main character, the girl awlays winds up in the hospital, or blind and the goodlooking guy always realizes that he loves her!LOL, Mine was if I had a crush in a guy in high school that he would some day realize that he was in love with me all this time. Leave his current girlfriend and beg me for forgiveness and become obsessed with me....of-course that never happened.

peewee said...

I used to fantasize that I was in an accident and became blind and had to live in a home for the blind and was super angry and stayed alone all the time in my room at the blind home. UNTIL A super hot guy named "mark" came to be a teacher at the blind center and he, of course, fell in love with me, and got me to come out of my room and got me to love life again....blind. And then we get married.

Makes yours seem pretty good huh!?!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.