Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why The Face????

Last week my Principal called me into his office and said, "We need to talk about your job...."
Ugh! Our district is in a serious financial crisis and as a result, there are going to be around 70 more layoffs this year. Principal also said if he were me he would start looking for another job NOW, and not wait. He said, "even if you need to break your contract..." WHOA! For those of you who work at a school, you know what this means. Sooo, let me know if you hear of any job openings for an awesome counselor! I have excellent references! OK, anyways, moving on...

So I have noticed some annoying trends in the world of Facebook that seemed to have leaked from the email world.....

One, the copy and pasted status updates...It says, "What's on your mind?" Not, "What's on your friend's mind." Not sure why people do this. I really don't need to read the same exact status update from all my friends.

Second, the implication that I do not support: breast cancer research, abandoned orphans, the amazon, the environment, finding missing children, etc. If I do not copy and paste! I really can't believe some of my own friends do this, I just shake my head.

The copy and pasted statements about what a phenomenal woman I am, ha! I would like it if it came from the heart instead of, "Fwd this to at least seven phenomenal women you know, or burn in Hell!!! " Ok, it's never anything that drastic, but you know what I mean. I guess I could just appreciate the message, right? I just have a pet peeve about these things.

It will be interesting to see what trends come about, I am waiting for the old, " FWD: FWD FWD: WARNING!!! PLEEASE READ! THIS IS SCARY!!!" heading to now makes its way onto Facebook or maybe it already has and I missed it? Anways, that's all I got for now!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I could not agree more about FB. So annoying.

I'm sorry about your job! That so sucks!

sAm said...

Good luck...I've come to hate January for reasons other than cold, dark, long month, and after Christmas bills. In addition, it's now for the uncertainty and gossip around a school. Sending good thoughts your way.
And I totally agree on the copy and paste crap. Seriously. Another thing - do people really think I care what they found on their stupid farm, in their aquarium, or what their score is on a myriad of games? Y'know, you have a choice if you're going to post that or not. You don't have to every time!!
Why The Face...hehe...Love it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm raising my hand I'm guilty!I did post the color of my bra, but drew the line when they asked me to post if my hair was upside down, or on top, or on the side, or did I post on that one too? Anyways I can't remember, but I totally agree with you.......

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am so sorry to hear about your job. I may be in the same boat. Isn't education awesome? Fingers crossed for you...

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Ack! The news about your job is terrible. I'm so sorry to read that. Luckily, good help is hard to find so hopefully someone will want to snap you right up.

Good luck!

peewee said...

Hey...working is overrated anyway! Plus...LOVE the springy new blog layout! I feel refreshed just from visiting!