Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Field Trip!


Our 5th graders went on a field trip to the "Exploratorium" about three hours away. When they were done visiting the museum they all loaded up with their little groups and then their chaperones drove them back to the hotel. Well they got into a "Home Alone" situation and left one of the students in the parking lot! He wandered back to the museum where the security guards helped him out. All ended well, but I would hate to be the chaperone who was in charge of that kid!

10 comments:

seriously? said...

OMG...my worst fear EVER!!! This is one of the reasons that field trips look so good on paper but, put in motion and they SUCK!!!!

Kristina P. said...

Isn't that a chaperone's worst nightmare?

peewee said...

My mom did that once. Got all the way home in her 70's station wagon filled with my brother's zoo birthday party. And she had left a party goer kid at the zoo. Luckily for her that was the 70's! Today she woulda been arrested for child endangerment!

forever folding laundry said...

Oh no. I would probably be freaked out if that was one of my kids!! I'd hate to be that chaperone, too!

Mami said...

That is scary poor kid and the chaperone???? not sure what is next for her!

Tulip Row said...

No Sh*t!!! Terrible! I hated field trips as a teacher!

Blogging about the 80's and 90's said...

Seriously this sucks! Poor kid and the parents? I'm sure they were furious! Got a little chance to go on the internet, it's raining over here but very pretty, we're about to go shopping, it's Friday and it's 8:55 Am, the day is just starting:)

Mainly a midwife said...

oh man.. .That's my biggest fear when I go on field trips. I'd definitely rather lose my own kid then someone else's...
But it is also why I go on field trips...so no one else loses my kid :)

rychelle said...

ok, so this totally happened to me once. i was the child left behind. :(

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

wow! As a teacher, that is my worst nightmare! Can you imagine the parent reaction!