Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy mother's Day to all you Mama's out there!

I just wanted to first, apologize for not posting a Freak Magnet Friday post, I went blank but I have one ready for next Friday!
Next, I just wanted to show appreciation for all moms out there who do the best that they can do everyday for their kids. I think most of us have parenting moments that we are not proud of, and we often feel guilt about it, or think we are not good moms. I wanted to just point out that the world out there has unfairness, weirdness, hostility, and dishonestly. These are issues that every human being will be exposed to at some point in their lives, unfortunately.
My point? That when we show our kids that we are not perfect, that sometimes we react in a way we feel bad about, or we handle a situation poorly, etc. we are actually teaching our kids how to deal with imperfection in others. I think that is a great gift!
So the next time you, Ok I, lose it over something the kids did, I will take comfort in knowing that I am teaching them how to deal with tough world out there! Gosh, I feel better already!
Happy Mother's Day to all my mom readers and my mom-to-be readers! The hardest, yet most rewarding job in the universe!

8 comments:

rychelle said...

happy mother's day to YOU!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and well delivered! You are right sometimes we don't always feel proud of how we handle certain things. It is the hardest job in the world but very rewarding too! Have a wonderful Mother's Day..Have a lovely day:) oh ps I don't have time I stay up till 3 in the am doing the crafts and then I'm all tired the next day!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

seriously? said...

Well said....Happy mothers day!!!

Mami said...

Happy mothers day to you! Hope you had a blast!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

This was such a great post. Seriously. I loved how you turned something negative into a real positive. I always get down on myself when I do not react in the best way possible in front of my kids.

You definitely gave me something to consider going forward. Thank you.

-Francesca

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Nice job, but I am still sad about the Freak Magnet story being gone. Sniff.
Fine, I forgive you!

Debbie said...

I hope you had a good mother's day as well.