Friday, May 29, 2009

Not a freak story! Or is it? Life with my son

Last night we had "Open House" at my school, and since dear hubs works nights I brought both kids with me. Dear five year old daughter is fine out in public. Dear three year old son? Different story.
In the few minutes that we were all in the multi-purpose room listening to the Principal talk my son loudly told me that he wants to go back to my office. He asked SEVERAL times to make sure I heard his demands. Then he grabbed the whistle that was around my neck attached to my name badge and put it in his mouth. I told him, "DON'T blow that." He breathed really slowly in and out of the whistle and when I took it out of his mouth he YELLED, "I want the whistle! I won't blow it!" So, to keep him quiet I give it to him and tell him not to blow in it. His response? To BLOW the whistle. So, now everyone looks at us, because a loud whistle just erupted from us. I am livid and embarrassed, so I take him to my office for a time-out. He crosses his arms in front of himself and says, "You're mean, mommy!" Sigh....there's more, but you get the picture!

This is a little person who:

Removed several screws from different areas of the house (toys, outlets, etc) and brought them to me.
Swallowed a penny last week.
Poured the sugar all over the counter and then "swept" it all around with his hand.
Peed in a "Water Blaster" tube and then "launched" said urine.
Pulled every, single diaper wipe out of a new box.
Sprayed the kitchen counter, stove, microwave and dishwasher with the sink sprayer nozzle.
Stepped on, and got stung by two bees, two days in a row.
Spent five nights in the PICU for respiratory distress.
Had three black eyes before he could even walk.
When he's angry, He MUST hit something, or someone and growls, "Really, really, really bad you!!!!"
Hits his sister just to make her mad enough to attack him, over and over.

Life with my little man! His saving grace is that he is just nuts about me and hugs me and tells me he loves me so much...makes me forget all this other stuff until the next incident!
Is this what it's like with boys? Or is it just mine?

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

As long as he's not killing animals or starting fires, I think he's fine.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

He swallowed a penny? Now let's talk about that one for a minute. Did he just take one big gulp and were you freaked out?

I loved this new twist to Freak Magnet Friday. A great variation to one of my favorite reoccurring posts in the blogosphere.

-Francesca

forever folding laundry said...

Wow, he is so much like Colin.

Mami said...

No boys in my side but he sounds full of energy..and I know with a smile and a hug we forget about everything is the mami thing what can we do???

peewee said...

Yah. I gotta say...I run to your blog especially on fridays!

It also took me like FOREVER to decode PICU. You mom's and all your secret codes!

rychelle said...

i've always thought that i'd prefer to have sons......now i'm not sure. ;)

Mainly a midwife said...

My favorite is the peeing in the blaster and then launching it. Come on...that one is funny, doncha think?

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Wow! He's a spitfire for sure! Will he be attending your school? I'm just thinking - since you're the counselor - if you have to call his parents for problems - what the hell ya gonna do then??

Maybe you could start with the "no hitting" training pretty soon???

Grannie

Femin Susan said...

Great post!

Peaches said...

It all sounds so very familiar...
Just know that you're not at all alone.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love him already!