Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More stuff heard on campus

Ok, so this is the time of year that gets real stressful at a school. Testing is almost over, tensions have spilled over, and some people are just sick of things. I thought this would be a good time to post some quotes heard around school lately. Here goes:

"I got into a fight with her because she said my mom looks like an 'Oompa Loompa'".
(No offense, but she kinda does!)

"I got in trouble because I said, 'Bagina'. I know what a 'Bagina' is but my dad told me to stop saying that."
(No kidding? Can't imagine why hearing you say that makes him uncomfortable.)

"I'm having a good day, Mrs. S!" Teacher: "No, he's not!"
(sigh...)

"Get off the floor, get up, and get back to class!"
(Can you imagine your boss saying something like this to you? It would be hilarious, and you would probably get fired shortly afterwards)

"People are just too crazy about me and it bugs me because it just causes me a lot of problems."
(Heavy is the head...)

"Well, Suzy told me that she is my friend, but she would not be my friend if I am friends with Sally, but Sally said we could only be friends if I was friends with her and Sara, but not Suzy...",
(Etc, etc. Some things never change, remember 4th grade? Ah, yes, I remember it well...)

"I got a citation for no reason!"
(I love to then say, "So it says on your citation, 'reason': "None!" I didn't know that box was on there!)

"It's Billy's fault I got in trouble!"
(Blaming others, a classic and wildly popular form of not taking personal responsibility for ones actions, can last WELL into adulthood)

"Everyone else was talking, but I am the only one who got in trouble!
(everybody: "IT'S NOT FAIR!")

Yup, life at an elementary school, folks!

10 comments:

Mainly a midwife said...

LOL..I love the oompa loompa comment. Butts have been kicked for lesser reasons :)

Anonymous said...

Suzy, Sara and Sally, that sounds like my circle of friends, just had an episode of that not too long ago and I was stuck in the middle! Oh and for the record I always get tickets for no reason, I really think that all cops are jerks:)

Kristina P. said...

Bagina. Hahahahaha!

seriously? said...

I think the Suzy, Sara, Sally one was confusing for the poor child. Are you sure it wasn't some word math problem...ya know, they were on a train that left at 7:25 AM traveling at 65 MPH...at what time will the train run over these girls??? I was never good at those problems...

rychelle said...

are you kidding? i hear these same comments on the university campus all the time! ;)

Tulip Row said...

That is so hilarious, things never ever change!

peewee said...

HAHA! But, uh, where's freak magnet friday?? I live for that!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Ahh yes, so very similiar to what I am hearing around these halls,
"Tell her I hope she falls off the bar? Not Me!"
OOh, I could go on! only 15 days left here!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Oh, and Check OUT what is going down at 3baybchicks, Helene's and my blog! I'd love to see what your kids are up too!

seriously? said...

Don't even tell me that you have run out of freak magnet stories...COME ON!!!!