Sunday, October 11, 2009

Things heard around the house...


This weekend was pretty much like any other Saturday and Sunday. A bunch of plans crammed into two days! I am going to share some excerpts of of things I heard around here this weekend so you can see how my life is so full of intellectual stimulation!

Dear 6 y.o.Daughter to no one in particular: Brother has a big fat head!
Dear 3 y.o. Son: No! I don't! I don't have a big fat head!
Daughter: (whispering) Yes you do.
Son: (shouting) I DON'T HAVE A BIG FAT HEAD!!!

Ugh, so then I started to get a big, fat headache.

Dear Daughter to me: Mom, you are a fabulous weirdo! (giggles)
Me: (Trying to take a quiz on Facebook) Mmmhmm, that's nice honey.

At night I am lying next to Dear Son trying to get him to sleep. He keeps finding excuses to talk.
Son: Mom! Mom! I want to say something!
Me: Go to sleep.
Son: But please, please I want to say something to you!
Me: Okay! What do you want to say?
Son: (shouting) "You're my boy, Blue!!!" (we both laugh)

At dinner tonight. We are all sitting around the kitchen table. We are all just eating and talking, it's pretty uneventful.
Dear Son to my hubs: Daddy, are you freaking out?
Hubs: Huh? No I am not freaking out.
Son: Oh, Ok, I was seeing if you were freaking out.

He just goes back to eating like it was a totally normal thing to ask.

Earlier today Dear Son is almost bursting with anticipation when he come to get me out of the laundry room.
Son: Mom! Come here, come over here and sit down and rest.
Me: OK, I will sit down and rest. Where do you want me to sit?
Son: (the anticipation is killing him at this point!) Right here! Right here on this chair!
I sit on a strategically placed Whoopie cushion. A loud, flatulent sound emits.

He laughs so hard he can barely breathe! A well spent one dollar, I must say :)


And there you have just a small sliver of what it is like over here on a daily basis. If you have young children you know exactly what I am talking about, and if you don't have any I am sure you can't wait to have these kinds of cerebral discussion in your household!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have those kind of cerebral conversations at work.

Peaches said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

I absolutely adored this post. The fact that you are able to laugh with your son over the Will Ferrell line makes it even better.

Will is the funniest man alive, you know.

-Francesca

Kris said...

I'm hoping my kids are interested in watching Elf this year during the holiday season, just so I can get them to quote Will Ferrell.

peewee said...

LOVE the whoopie cushion ruse. Hilarious.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yep, so much like my own home. Life with 6 and 3 year olds I guess, huh?

Harlem's A Hatin said...

Your son is so precious. I love the whoopie cushion incident, hahah so funny.

http://harlemshaterade.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

the freaking out is so cute!I hear ya, we had all the boys together yesterday mine and Lily's and my oldest nephew decided to take us out for ice cream, umm let me tell you it was loud, messy, with a lot of cerebral discussions, oh and stares from other customers. Oh and the drive in my van with all of us in there was just as loud!