Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm outta here!

Ok, I am so excited I can barely contain myself! Here's what happened when I got to work this morning. Principal calls me in to his office:

Principal: "(cautiously) I need to talk to you about something...how would you feel about attending a training in Seattle? It's for two days, you would have to stay in a hotel for possibly two or three nights."

Me: (OMG, stay calm, try to look professionally interested) "Hmm, when is it? I would have to check my calendar."

Principal: (still trying to sound enticing) It's in July...if you are feeling hesitant about traveling by yourself, maybe your husband could join you and you could make it a getaway for the both of you."

Me: (Try not to laugh out loud, bring my husband...esta loco?) "I don't mind traveling alone. I actually enjoy it sometimes."

So we wrap it up and I am beyond excited about having some time to myself and not having to constantly attend to others needs for a while...oh yeah and to be trained in something for the school, forgot what? ...anyways! I am already picturing myself drinking a cup of coffee, reading a magazine, window shopping, and oh yeah, and the whole training thing again...

21 comments:

seriously? said...

OMG....you are one lucky girl. What is the training on? Maybe I could figure out a way to get my principal to pay for me to go too!!! Could you imagine...us in Seattle, no kids, no hubby, WOW the possibilities are endless. :)

Mainly a midwife said...

woohoo! Sounds nice!

Kristina P. said...

Lucky you!!!

Vodka Mom said...

HOLY SHIT!!!!

I am so high fiving you right now!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah that sounds like a nice getaway! I totally like the answer "I need to check my calendar!!" Wow Seattle,never been there, you'll have to let us know how the trip goes:)uncensored...

peewee said...

YAY!!! I love Seattle!!! HAVE FUN! And, way to play it cool! HA!

sAm said...

lucky!! Wish my meeting had gone so well...jeez...have a great time!! (and you m.u.s.t. tell all upon return - it's not Vegas, y'know!)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Hmmm - check my calendar - um - yes, I might be able to fit it in. Oh, I could manage on my own, I think.

What a vixin you are!

This my dear is not luck - this is a learned skill! Hold out for Paris net time!

Grannie in Florida

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Am I reading this correctly? Did you Grandma just comment on your blog?

You are so much cooler than I thought. Now I really want to have margaritas with you and Seriously...if you'll have me.

-Francesca

Tulip Row said...

Sounds fun, your wish came true!

forever folding laundry said...

Oh, I cannot even begin to imagine how glorious this will be!!!!

Mami said...

Wow I am so excited for you.
Disfrutalo mija y preparate para el relaxxxxx...

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

L.u.c.k.y.
Where do I find me one of those principals? AND I mean, geez, if you need a chaperone~ Hello?!

peewee said...

I know it's only WED but I'm like all excited for freak magnet friday! Weird, right?! yah.

Femin Susan said...

Hi………
Very cool your blog!
Great! Keep up the great posts ……..

Femin Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment.Feel free to visit again.
Keep posting..........

Debbie said...

Good for you! Sound like a great trip.

peewee said...

one more day one more day one more day! Obsessed much?

Peaches said...

WOW. Sounds fun. Enjoy!!

The Joynes Girls said...

That's so great! Who wouldn't want a change of scene even if it is for work? I would have hugged the principal, actually.

Jesenia said...

sure, I will go with you!!