Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How do you survive the minutia of kids shows?

Ok, it has now been about three years of hearing Dora and Diego explain, in slow, excruciating detail, what they are doing, how they are doing it, and asking for my kids help in every step of their adventures. I can survive this diatribe the only way I know how, and that is to join in full heartedly! So this is how it goes, I first hear the jungle sounds to the beginning of "Go Diego, Go!" I then do a dance in front of the kids that I can only describe as a mix between Elaine from Seinfeld and a very exaggerated marching type dance. Then I sing the theme song at the top of my lungs, "...There goes DIEGO! GO DIEGO GO!" (more jungle sounds). This annoys my kids to no avail and they tell me they can't see the TV, they can't hear it, stop dancing, stop singing...etc. But really, I feel like it's either that or pull my eyelashes out, one...by...one... How do y'all handle this? Am I the only one who can't take Dora say one more time, "Hola! Soy DORA!!!"?

4 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

My son thankfully is not a Diego nor Dora fan, but I read a post recently from a Mom in a similar predicament as you. The bane of her existence was the "map" song. (Do you know what I am talking about?) "I'm a map, I'm a map, I'm a map." I actually watched the YouTube footage. SO annoying. Her remedy was to have her kids watch the show in a room where she couldn't overhear the lyrics.

I have to say that I like your solution WAY better, though. :)

-F.

forever folding laundry said...

This is why I only allow my children to watch The Real Housewives of Orange County or 30 Rock. It's all about Quality Children's Programming, you know. =)

Tulip Row said...

I think this post deserves a Youtube video demostration.

seriously? said...

OMG...your "Dora" is my Cailou. Have you ever seen that show?? OMG makes me want to throw myself in front of a moving freight train...and I am NOT KIDDING!!!