Monday, December 8, 2008

Worst Sunday (but not the worst ever)

Ok, so this weekend started out nicely but by Sunday everything went to H-- in a handbasket. We spent the day trying to do housework, entertain the kids, etc. But as the day went on the kids behavior just got worse and worse. At one point dear son, who is two, said "Really bad you!" and hit me in the leg. Then dear daughter, who is five was constantly doing what I call throwing her ninja stars. Which is the fact that she can walk by her brother appearing perfectly normal and well behaved and then, bam! He is crying because of something she did to him. She is so fast that my mere human eyes can't detect her movement. Anyways, after the maybe millionth time this happened I was soooo irritated, argh!!! I think I must have sighed heavily so many times I can't even count. So then... we made sugar cookies to decorate, sounds good, right? Dear son takes a bite out of one of the cookies and says, "That cookie is gwoss," and then spits it out. Dear daughter takes a bite and says, "Yeah mom, they are gross." OMG, who does not like sugar cookies??? SO, about two hours of labor, three decorated cookies, a big mess....priceless family memories! Let's hope next weekend is better!

1 comment:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

This is a hilarious post. I especially liked the "throwing her ninja stars comment." Hilarious.

It is good to read that all Mom's have days when their kids kick their butt. Blogging has helped me to realize this in oh-so-many ways.

-Francesca