Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Things I'd like to see go for good in the New Year

Ok, so I am always happy to start a new year fresh, continue with working out, eating healthy, blah blah. But there are some things that continue to stick around year after year and I just can't figure out why? Here is my short list of things that must go, in my humble opinion:

Beards- Not short, trimmed up beards, but full beards like some of my uncles have. I mean they cover up the face with coarse hair, ewww, I don't know how people with these things eat, either. It's like, " Hey, 200 B.C. called and they want their beards back".

Those gosh awful whiffle ball looking shoes, you know the ones...everyone says they are sooo comfy, etc. Now they are trying to entice us for the Winter by lining them with fur, or some type of fleecy fuzzy stuff. Not buying it.

Princess mania stuff-enough already! Why not send a better message to little girls by having the Princesses wear stethoscopes, carrying a law book, or having a teacher's pointer? What kind of message does it send to encourage young girls to wear flowy, see- thru pants, or ball gowns? This is not practical in modern day life. You should see my daugher, she has about ten weddings a day with these dolls!

That is my short, irrelevant list of things that must go! Please feel free to edit/add/argue with me/ etc. Just my own personal thoughts. :)

4 comments:

seriously? said...

I agree with the three things you listed but, I must say I have about a gazillion more things to add...and in no particular order:
Road Rage: Please attend some anger management classes. I do NOT need to see the "bird" while speeding on the freeway and weaving in and out of traffic, It can be really distracting.

Barbie: Sorry folks, can't stand the woman, she has everything and is pretty and has irregular portions for her body and has Ken who doesn't say anything...B*#@H!!!!

I think those will do for now...will post more as people bug me. :)

seriously? said...

OMG - Skinny Jeans need to go...There is no such thing as skinny jeans in my size. They make them but, they do NOT make me look skinny and they are NOT skinny so...WTF???

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Crocs? You are hating on the crocs? Made me laugh because of how much my son LOVES these shoes.

In 2009, I am all done with people who cannot park. Hello, just because you drive a Hybrid doesn't mean that you can park anywhere you damn well please. Stay within the lines like the rest of us, please.

Happy New Year!

-F.

PS: Was the info on Mr. Linky helpful?

seriously? said...

Here I am AGAIN posting a comment for you...but it is you have won an award!!! Congrats!!! Here is what you do. Go to my blog read what you are supposed to do:

myconfessionsofcraziness.blogspot.com/2008/12/awww-new-year.html

Have fun!!!