Friday, December 12, 2008

So my daughter suffers from Parental Deafness

It's quite serious and it's symptoms are mostly maternal frustration. For example, tonight I found I had to repeat everything three times before dear daughter would listen to me. Example: "Let it go. Let it go! Let it go!!" Or, "Leave him alone. Leave him alone! Leave him alone!!" Before you say anything I know about Supernanny's one warning and then a timeout method, but....moving on. So finally I have had enough and I tell her that I am now forced to inform Santa about her insubordination. She immediately starts trying to say how she will listen from now on, she will try to be good, but it's just so hard, etc. So I tell her, "K., give me a break!" and dear son (2 yrs old) says, 'Yeah sister, give me a break, too."

2 comments:

seriously? said...

So, we had this same problem in our house too...must be contagious. We received some medication for it and it has done wonders...called duct tape, it is an over the counter too. :)

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I find the Santa threat particularly effective too. Considering implementing it throughout the year, and not just during the holiday season.

If that doesn't work, the duct tape idea is particularly appealing. :)

-F.