Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An "In Depth" Interview!

Ok, first I have decided that these hearts on my themed back ground are already driving me crazy, might not wait until Valentine's Day to change it.
Second, and of no significance...I woke up this morning to the theme song from "Caillou" playing in my head! "I'm just a kid who's four! I smell like dinosaurs! I have a ginormous head and weird eyes, I'm Caillou, Caillou..." (OK, I know that's not it exactly) but jeez...
In a desperate attempt to find a new topic to blog about, I thought I would try interviewing someone I find fascinating! In this case it is my dear 5 year old daughter! To put a spin on it, I asked her, "Hey how about we pretend your are a grown up and I ask you some questions?!" She whole-heartedly agreed. She has been cranky since we got home so I thought this might distract her in a good way.
Here is the interview:

Me: (Trying to sound like Barbara Walters) So tell me, now that you are a grown up, where do you see yourself in five years?

Her: (Rude, elitist tone) I don't know!

Me: Uh, Ok, so what goals have you set for yourself?

Her: (same tone) I don't know!

Me: Hmm, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Her: What does 'spare' mean?

(Need to change interview strategy at this point)

Me: What kind of job do you want?

Her: I want to be a ballerina, and Oh! Did you know that F. wants to be a pilot? I don't know why she wants to be a pilot, she just does...

Me: That's interesting! Let's get back to you, tell me, who is the real Dear Daughter?

Her: That is a weird question! This is kind of a boring game...let's play 'I Spy'!

Me: Wait, just one more question! If you had three wishes, what would they be?

Her: (Whispering) Am I still a grown up? I will pretend that I am you!

Me: Ok, let's hear your wishes if you were really me!

Her: I wish my daughter would always be a nice girl. I wish my daughter would go to bed by herself, and I wish she would stay in her own bed the whole night!

Wow, she really knows what I want! If only she carried out this insight she has!
Immediately after those statements there was an unfortunate physical altercation between her and her little brother, which needless to say ended our extremely intellectual interview. Maybe next time!











Maybe I will try again when she is in a better mood.

5 comments:

Tulip Row said...

That was hilarious! That may be your best blog entry tied with Choni boy!

Anonymous said...

You guys think of the funniest things to put out there!LOL Yeah i might have to get more original and maybe put something more fun to read rather then post all my bus dramas LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh i forgot to tell you I love the background it's cute! I wonder if they have a Raiders background, you know for Super Bowl Theme? That's the only team that I could get away with putting! That's Shae and Eric's team they hate the Cowboys LOL!!

seriously? said...

Love the interview but, you may need a more willing subject to interview...You should try your husband? Oh wait, that would probably get you about the same responses. :)

forever folding laundry said...

That is so funny. I love that she knows what would make you truly happy!!

(By the way, I'm sure many interviews with Hollywood divas end with a physical altercation of some kind!)