Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My own ongoing list of questions running through my head at random times

I realize that as people, (inspired by Trueloveisamama) we all have an ongoing list of questions running through our heads at different times during the day. Mine are these ( I have edited for the sake of space) :
1. Why do I hate cooking so much? I mean I really hate it. I know some people get some fulfillment out of nourishing others through food, but I just abhor it, and I have to do it at least twice a day, most days.
2. Is it possible for me to have some sort of seizure by the way the light in our laundry room strobes? It is like torture to my retinas, I should have dear hubby look into that....
3. Do I take Advil too often?
4. Why is it that when dear hubby starts to tell me anything about what happened at his work I tune out after about 5 seconds? (I almost feel bad about this).
5. Speaking of dear hubby...is it wrong to be jealous of the fact that he can take a nap and be asleep as soon as said nap is announced?
6. Why don't I have a live-in maid? Carol Brady had one and she didn't even leave the house! Yes, she had six kids, but weren't most of them old enough to make their own beds and do their own laundry?

Ok, I realize that this list sounds a bit neurotic, but what about y'all?

3 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

When True Love is a Mama originally did this post, I tried to answer her questions. I give yours a whirl too.

1. Because you have to do it EVERYDAY of your life. Mandatory activities are not fun.
2. Yes. Don't worry about the light. You should refrain from doing laundry.
3. Is that possible? If so, I am in trouble.
4. Don't feel bad. The ability to do so happened after you got married. I like to call it "selective wifely hearing."
5. Absolutely not, although his ability to do so is part of the male genetic code that women just don't have.
6. This is a tough one. You really should have a live-in maid. Maybe your husband should get a second job in order to afford Alice's salary.

All in all, a great list!

-Francesca

PS: Thanks for your compliments re our blog. We heart yours too. I was joking in my comment to Seriously? yesterday. At one point, I think you added yourself as a follower to our blog on your dashboard, and then later deleted it. I could be wrong, though.

Honestly, we are just glad that people find us interesting in any small way and keep coming back to read. :)

seriously? said...

All of these are fine questions and I am quite certain I have some answers...they may not be accurate but, they are answers none the less:
1. You hate cooking more than you hate washing dishes...right? I don't get the joy of cooking either but, it is a battle I choose not to pick.
2. Yes, I am certain it is possible to have a seizure just from the lighting so, you best get out of the house right now...RUN!!!
3. NO, advil is necessary to ones diet.
4. I am sorry I stopped reading when you mentioned your husband...huh? what did you say?
5. They are usually faking it so, just go over an scare the crap out of him and see how that works?
6. If you hire one like Alice...1. would not be a problem anymore, so go for it!!! Nothing like solving some problems first thing in the AM. :)

Tulip Row said...

That was a laugh out loud list!