Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Fantasy Life...in the blogosphere

I, like all human beings, have the basic need to be loved and adored by everyone I know. Yes, I said "basic need" as in Maslow's hierarchy of needs: Food, shelter, and need for adoration, in that order. I am new to blogging but am learning things everyday. Things like linking blogs, Memes, hosting carnivals, etc. A whole new world! In this world, my fantasy is that everyone on-line who reads blogs will read mine and react like that teacher in "A Christmas Story", where Ralphie fantasizes about his A+++++ paper, you remember, right? I will get hundreds of comments, all positive of course! Then Google notices the enormous buzz around my blog and asks me if they could please, please advertise on my blog page and would $5000.00 a month be enough???

Ok, back to reality...I do realize that the blog world can be quite an emotional roller coaster. Why? I wondered. My guess is that even though most of us are not putting our most private thoughts out there, we are journaling for all to read. Then further opening ourselves up by inviting comments from friends and (often) strangers alike! This then creates another level of possible vulnerabilities. I.e. Why is no one commenting? What was meant by that comment? Why did I lose a follower? etc. In a nutshell, a whole new avenue for social rejection!

On the flip side, I have found a new and exciting hobby with blogging! I love those I have connected with and feel like we share a kind of sisterhood, only understood by us! I say sisterhood because I have only had one comment from a man, and it was one time. I did appreciate it, nonetheless. I am completely hooked on blogging and everything about it. It is an awesome outlet for me, all thanks to the freakin' internet!

5 comments:

seriously? said...

A+++++++, on your blog. I have no idea why no one has contacted you and wants to pay you lots of money for advertising.

Love the blog and I completely and totally get the addiction...er, I mean love for blogging and facebook.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

In response to your Ask A Dad comment - "Please, please consider posting an example of this parenting style on YouTube! I bet it would get a million hits, this is too funny!"

No thanks, we don't exploit our child...except for the 4 beauty baby pageants we have her currently participating in as well as her weekly meetings with her agent as well as the calendar we sell on the street corners of San Francisco that feature pictures of Emi dressed up like a princess. (wink)

Tyler (Ask A Dad)

Jesenia said...

strangers??.....hmmm kinda freaky. But how fun would it be to start leaving random comments on the "next blog"

and maybe if the word verification wasn't so annoying, we'd all comment more ;)

forever folding laundry said...

You have totally embraced the blog culture - I love it!! So glad you're here. =)

Tulip Row said...

I am still trying to get past my stranger/danger.... but otherwise I do love it!